Saturday, March 2, 2013

Cars line up for $2.99 gas in Epping | Local News - WMUR Home

Cars line up for $2.99 gas in Epping | Local News - WMUR Home

 ......On Saturday, the Next Level Church in Epping stepped in to help alleviate some of the drivers’ pain.

 "I love it. I think it's great," said Bonnie Fallow, of Raymond. "This was our opportunity to show the people in this community that we care about them," said Lead Pastor Joshua Gagnon.

 On Saturday, the church bought 3,000 gallons of regular gas at the current price. It then teamed up with a local Sunoco to sell the gas for $2.99 a gallon.

 "That's a good gesture by them. It's going to help people around here a lot," said Greg Champoux, of Raymond.

 "It's wonderful. It's awesome. I seen it on the news last night, and I told my kids, ‘See, when people give back, good things happen,’" Fallow told News 9.

 Cars lined up, stretching more than two blocks as word spread about the event.

 "I'm glad I got here early," said Karen Drelick, of Newmarket.

 "We expected a lot of people. I don't think gas has been at $2.99 for some time," said Gagnon.......

No comments:

Post a Comment