Thursday, December 1, 2011

Bobby Valentine News Conference: Valentine Introduced as New Red Sox Manager

Highlights:
45th Club Manager




5:50 p.m.:  Valentine has made it clear throughout the process that he would love to have this job, and he's sticking with that now. 
Valentine says that he's going to exhaust his resources to find out as much information as he can before he gets going.



5:47 p.m.:  "I would hopefully have learned from mistakes [in the past]," Valentine said when asked about the tumultuous end to his tenure with the Mets and with GM Steve Philips.


5:41 p.m.:  Valentine says he's looking forward to speaking with the players after being asked about his on-air criticisms of some players when he was working for ESPN. 
5:39 p.m.:  Valentine seems pretty eager to separate himself from the late-season collapse in 2011. Not much surprise there. He's ready to move on from that by the sounds of it.
Valentine was on the verge of tears as he wrapped up his opening remarks.
5:36 p.m.: "I'm honored, I'm humbled and I'm pretty damn excited," Valentine says. 
"I understand. I understand how difficult this was for the organization because of the outstanding candidates. I understand the rich tradition of baseball in this city ... I understand the rivalries this team has. I understand the great talent that has been assembled."
5:34 p.m.: "I really look forward to working with him," Cherington says before congratulating the new skipper and presenting him with his Red Sox jersey.

Complete Dialog: CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment